I know that these serious secrets to success often seem boring. It seems like the secrets to success should be much more exciting, world-bending, fantastic, etc. But the reality is that it really is this simple.
If I had to guess, I would say that this is the number one thing most business owners (including us massage therapists!) miss. This one detail can make your practice feel like a roller coaster rather than a stable business.
Don’t get trapped in that up and down cycle. Getting your arms around this early on in your practice can make all the difference in the world.
Just like you wouldn’t try to run a practice without your table (or your mat, if you’re a shiatsu/thai type), don’t try to run your business without this foundational understanding of what, exactly, keeps your practice going.
Now, I know that it can seem daunting to think about ALWAYS being in the stage of developing new clients. But, don’t get overwhelmed!
Yes, it sounds exhausting, but it doesn’t have to be. It does require a plan, and it also requires a solid understanding of who your clients are and the best way for you interact with them . . . but you need those things anyway!
That’s why this foundational work is so awesome, once you have it, it serves every part of your business.
As always, let me know what you think!
- Isabel Spradlin has owned her full-time practice since 2007. She has a deep drive to help other massage therapists and bodyworkers to create thriving businesses for themselves. For comprehensive programs to help you do just that, see the 'Programs' tab in the menu.
- UncategorizedMarch 26, 2020Possible unemployment benefits
- Business PlanningNovember 1, 2019Podcast Episode: Going into biz with others
- Business GrowthOctober 26, 2019New Podcast Episode: Sales and Your Massage Practice
- Business ObstaclesOctober 21, 2019Don’t let your insecurities mess with your practice!