My confession is this: I’m not interested in entertaining you. And not because I don’t like you! I’m just not an entertainer.
I know that in the current online landscape people are often looking for soundbites, easily digestible how-to information, inspiration, entertainment, constant movement. But, that’s just not my personality – in fact, that kind of stuff is exhausting to me. (You’ll notice I’m rarely on social media for exactly this reason.)
I love to laugh and have a good time. But when it comes to my work, I am basically a “serious” person. I like work, I like thinking deeply about things, I like puzzle solving. I like helping others get their work going. I don’t like sharing useless (or borderline useless) information. I don’t like emotional manipulation, no matter what form it comes in. I don’t like adding soundbites to the world.
Depth of experience is important to me.
And in this current climate, I think that’s a rather hard thing to talk about (and do).
The beautiful thing is that I know I have soul-sisters (and brothers) out there who like throwing down and getting deep into their work. Who are into their actual work. Who are interested in the long-term of the work, not just a payday tomorrow or next month.
I’ve already met a bunch of you (OYPers, represent!!) . . . and I can’t wait to meet a bunch more of you.
This week’s Membership Post goes up tomorrow. I hope to see you in the comments!
- Isabel Spradlin has owned her full-time practice since 2007. She has a deep drive to help other massage therapists and bodyworkers to create thriving businesses for themselves. For comprehensive programs to help you do just that, see the 'Programs' tab in the menu.
- Basic Membership2018.11.14All the things to do in your massage practice during the holiday months (membership)
- Business Growth2018.11.09New podcast episode!
- Basic Membership2018.11.07Taxes and your massage practice (membership)
- Basic Membership2018.11.01Massage marketing for the holidays (membership)