For most people in the States, Labor Day is a sort of random holiday that means the kids are back in school and it’s time for a good barbecue! Yum.
As a business owner, Labor Day means a lot to me. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’ve worked every Labor Day since my practice started over 10 years ago – so I don’t “celebrate” it in the traditional way. And, for me, that is fitting.
I actually like to be reminded of all of the serious work that goes into building a business. I like having a holiday that recognizes all of the hard work that goes into feeding our families, building the health of our communities, and providing us with a meaningful way to make our livings.
Because there’s not doubt about it, building a successful massage practice is a profound contribution to our clients’ health, wellbeing, and positive connection to their bodies – and to the education of our communities as to just what kinds of healing are possible with manual therapy.
There is so much to celebrate!
So I hope whether (like me) you are working today or are reveling in a gathering of friends that you take a moment to feel into the positive change you are making in this world through your hard work.
And if you’re feeling ready to dive deep into your practice this week . . . it’s an awesome Academy week!
This week’s Academy Classes:
*All times are Pacific Standard/Daylight Time.
Here is a handy time zone converter.
Tuesday, September 5th, 12:00pm – 1:00pm Pacific
Goal Setting for Your Practice
Wednesday, September 6th, 9:00am – 10:30am
Money in Your Massage Practice
Thursday, September 7th, 2:00pm – 3:30pm
You can see the entire month’s schedule here.
Can’t wait to see you in a class soon!
- Isabel Spradlin has owned her full-time practice since 2007. She has a deep drive to help other massage therapists and bodyworkers to create thriving businesses for themselves. For comprehensive programs to help you do just that, see the 'Programs' tab in the menu.
- Business Planning2019.03.28What’s next?
- Basic Membership2019.03.133 ways to stay consistent with your prices and policies (membership)
- Basic Membership2019.03.06The #1 question to ask yourself every time you make a decision (membership)
- Basic Membership2019.03.012 skills for focus and momentum (membership)