This was my first YouTube LiveStream! Thank you so much to Kenyata and Christian for emailing in your questions.
One of the first worksheets in the OYP program is about registering your biz with your secretary of state and getting all of your bank accounts and “back-end” stuff in good order. In today’s video I talk about my personal experience with these processes as I was starting my practice.
And, of course the loan/debt aspect of starting and running a massage practice can be HUGE for folks! It definitely was for me.
While paying off $25K of credit card debt (actually it ended up being $30K) plus $37K of school loans sucked, it was possible. I do NOT recommend doing the credit card debt thing the way I did it (as I talk about in the video). However, debt usually plays a part in every business, massage practice or not, so it’s good to have an idea of how it can work for you rather than sink you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comments!
- Isabel Spradlin has owned her full-time practice since 2007. She has a deep drive to help other massage therapists and bodyworkers to create thriving businesses for themselves. For comprehensive programs to help you do just that, see the 'Programs' tab in the menu.
- Basic Membership2018.12.12Massage Pricing Confidence! (membership)
- Basic Membership2018.12.05What does it take to be a successful massage practice owner? (membership)
- Basic Membership2018.11.29How are you feeling? (membership)
- Basic Membership2018.11.21Do you work more or less when you run your own massage practice? (membership)