All of my students know that when they ask me “What should I do about (anything)?” my answer ALWAYS starts with some version of, “Well, let’s assess what you’re doing now (or have done in the past).”
It can seem like a boring or tedious process to always assess before moving forward. But once we have a clear and honest picture of what we’re already doing, the answer to What should I do about . . . is SO much clearer, and often easier, than we expected!
This time around in my assessment I realized that I felt like I was constantly on a treadmill . . . . and I really dislike that. I value feeling laid back in my business. And while obviously that’s not possible 100% of the time, I want laid back to be my baseline. It’s important to me to feel like I have plenty of time to do a high quality job with every aspect of my business rather than constantly rushing.
Now that the membership blog posts have come to a close, I’m feeling the satisfaction of having “enough” time again. Instead of feeling like I’m on a treadmill, I’m feeling the ease of knowing I have enough time to return emails, check in on my OYP students, finish up my abdominal book, finish up the clinic building program . . . after I get back from vacation! Wonderful.
So . . . starting in late April, you’ll be seeing new podcast episodes, the soft launch of the clinic building program, and if you follow my abdominal work (my practice specialty) you’ll see the book too!
- Isabel Spradlin has owned her full-time practice since 2007. She has a deep drive to help other massage therapists and bodyworkers to create thriving businesses for themselves. For comprehensive programs to help you do just that, see the 'Programs' tab in the menu.
- Business Planning2019.03.28What’s next?
- Basic Membership2019.03.133 ways to stay consistent with your prices and policies (membership)
- Basic Membership2019.03.06The #1 question to ask yourself every time you make a decision (membership)
- Basic Membership2019.03.012 skills for focus and momentum (membership)